Talking Hedy

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sotano Blanco

Today I took my first art class in Buenos Aires. I didnt mean to. I was introduced from one childrens book illustrator to another. It happened to be in a basement where he was teaching a very small, 3 person, class. He asked me if i'd like to stay and he would loan me supplies. I said okay. I had some of my drawings on me and he asked to see them. Probably one of the scariest thing for an "artist" to do. But what could I say? (I wanted to say no). So, i showed, they looked, they liked, they laughed (which is okay because they are comics), I smiled and we continued on. For 2 hours we worked on shadows and light (sombras y luz) but the whole time my mind was elsewhere (no, not on the cute teacher... well, maybe alittle). I was thinking that we working on the most basic concepts of art but I had just received the most advanced lesson... confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home