Talking Hedy

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bush

Finally I can associate the word Bush with something positive... that is what they call the wilderness here and thats where i'll be for the next 20 days! I luckily got squeezed onto this incredible trip that leaves tomorrow at 6:30am. It will be Hennie the tour guide (im sure ill be turning around every time someone calls out his name), an assistant guide, 3 people from holland, 2 people from either italy or the usa (havent met them yet) and lil ol me. We are driving tomorrow to the Orange River which is the border of South Africa and Namibia. We will canoe and camp out there for 2 days, i believe, and then off to namibia, which i hear is incredible. We will be making our way over to the victoria falls which is on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe (who knew it wasnt in south africa?!) There is an incredible game reserve in Botswana that we will be going to but from what i hear, the whole trip is a safari. Lions and tigers and bears... OH MY!!! Supposedly Hennie is quite a character and really is the best tour guide out there. He really knows his way around and tends to not stick to the itinerary. We will be going to all places off the beaten path... camping out, rafting, hiking canyons, driving thru deserts, trekking thru swamps, fighting off hyenas and rhinos... ha, kidding. To be honest, I have no idea what to expect so how about I just write when I get back. I wont really be connected via cellphone... Hennie doesnt want us using phones on the trip... he just wants us to appreciate what we are doing and not texting and talking to people all the time. I like it already!
I left the farm on thursday, got pages added to my passport at the consulate in Cape Town, met Nelly (this woman who owns this backpackers lodge who found me this trip to go on), went to Hermanus for the weekend (a beach town on the southern coast of Cape Town... saw some whales, played lots of games and ate some good food), now back in the city at my friends place in my glory with high speed internet but i still cant get my stupid fotos loaded! Grrr... Ill try to update while on my trip but if not, wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home