Talking Hedy

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Lost and Happy

Does anyone see pigs flying? They must be. The most unbelievable thing has happened! I actually met someone with a worse sense of direction than me! I thought it was impossible but according to the events that occured yesterday, i have been proven WRONG! My new friend (from yoga class) and I met up for coffee, drinks, dinner, etc... I let him do the leading when we moved from place to place. Baaaaaaad move! We walked up and down the same blocks forEVER. I obviously didnt care due to the fact that I am used to it from myself. It was all quite amusing.
I must say that getting lost in a city is a great way to learn where you are going. I decided that, since I have the time, I should start walking everywhere (even if it is a 2 hour walk). So far, it has been helping me a great deal with finding my bearings. Its extremely sad that no matter how many times I go into the same store or cafe, I still have to think hard to figure out which way I have to walk when i exit. Its a chip in the brain thats missing. A sort of dislexia. Hey, I cant fight it, I might as well embrace it and get to know Buenos Aires by completely giving in to getting lost in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home