Talking Hedy

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tequila!


I wanted Argentines... I got Argentines. I went to Opera Bay club last night. We got there around 3am and left, well, I have no idea when. But oh how fun it was. The funniest thing. We ordered tequilla (obviously) and they asked if we wanted the good kind (we said "yes"). Guess what they gave us? CUERVO. I was like "uno minuto... esto es el mejor?" (look it up). The best thing though... for 3 shots and 2 beers it was about $12. And this was a really nice place. Que bueno!
Just as a side note... I read the article about BA in the NYTimes. If you didnt... it said that NOW is the time to come to Argentina because the prices are going to rise, rise, rise in the next few years.
Anyways... back to Argentines and tequilla. Opera Bay is down at the port (Puerto Madero). It has many different rooms, including an outside area which is awesome and has a view of the river (which looks alot cleaner at night). Also... when you walk in... the first thing you hear is Hip Hop! Oh how I miss you, my love. (I was definitely the only one lip sinking the words to the music). You can find hip hop bars and clubs but its definitely not the norm here. More likely you'll find madonna and disco music blasting wherever you go.
Aaaaanyways... I went with my Argentine crew and I must say, they are great. Love to dance... love to drink... i guess i cant ask for anything more!
So, I have to go figure out a way to cure this hangover but the thought of last night is already making me feel better. Hasta la proxima!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home