Talking Hedy

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Life o' life

So, for those of you who I told I would be travelling right now... i'm not. Plans changed. So, i'm still "casa dulce casa" here in Buenos Aires, which surely aint too shabby. My spanish class is over and now I am on a job hunt. What kind of job you ask? Well, anything thats brought to the table first, really. I am looking at jobs in hotels, in bars, as an english teacher, as a tour guide... the list can go on. It basically going to be something that will keep me busy during the day, earning alittle bit of money and maybe something that will spark my interest for something a little more long term (ahhhhh... scary word).

I am understanding more and more the meaning of escapism these days. Just because I am far away from my confusion in NYC doesnt mean it wont find me here. Your life and the dilemmas in it follow you wherever you go... and it is not your surroundings that need to change and grow... its you. Sorry. I think I just got a little deep. I'll try to keep it on the light side. Celebrated my friend Ale's birthday on Saturday... we ended up dancing salsa (or our version of it) until 8:00 in the morning. The weekends never fail to bring crazy nights.

And to close this days blog with my usual synopsis of Argentina life: streets are still shit filled (and yes, I finally had the awful experience of stepping in some), people still dont move out of your way, wine is still $2 and tango is still in full effect. Life is good.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad you step on shit. It is common knowleadge in Argentina, that brings good luck.

    Very deep thoughts, and true. I like your life findings.

    your cousin.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home